San Antonio (July 26, 2021) – Rich in history, bursting with culture and booming with modern attractions, San Antonio is a truly unique destination working with meeting groups to speed the recovery of the meetings and conventions industry in the city. To that end, Visit San Antonio is launching the 2021 Sí San Antonio Meetings Incentive Promotion as the city remains open for business and committed to planners’ and visitors’ safety and satisfaction.
“As the country bounces back from the pandemic we want to ensure meetings groups know they are welcome and wanted in San Antonio,” said Mario Bass, Chief Sales Officer for Visit San Antonio. “The Si San Antonio Meetings Incentive Promotion is the latest way our team at Visit San Antonio is making it easier and more appealing for meetings and conventions to return to our city as we spur the economic recovery in the community.”
Qualified groups are able to take advantage of these incentives to help offset some of their costs for meeting in San Antonio:
- Between 250-500 total contracted room nights
- $3 per actualized room night
- Between 501-750 total contracted room nights
- $4 per actualized room night
- 751 or greater contracted room nights
- $5 per actualized room night
- For any group contracting the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center for the dates outlined in this promotion will receive a 50% discount on Convention Center rental rates
- All qualifying groups are eligible for Visit San Antonio’s Fly-In On Us Promotion as well, offering a customized visit to experience San Antonio’s offerings
To qualify for the incentives, meetings and events must total 250 or more room nights during a need-time through 2024 and be booked through a Visit San Antonio sales representative with contracts executed by Dec. 31, 2021. Need-time dates are listed on the promotion webpage and subject to change. The Si San Antonio meeting incentive promotion is available now through Dec. 31, 2021.
When meeting planners work with Visit San Antonio, they also receive:
- Access to Destination Experience Managers who provide personalized attention and unparalleled service. They become an extension of the planning team to streamline the planning process while creating a truly unique and authentic San Antonio meeting.
- Connect SA: Connection to local leaders who can provide education, local expertise, speakers, panel participation, and networking. The 7th largest city in America, San Antonio is home to 15 area colleges and universities, and robust Information Technology/Cybersecurity, Bioscience, Aerospace, New Energy, Financial Services and Advanced Manufacturing sectors.
- Access to the Planning Assistant, containing tools and resources to market events.
- Attendees receive deals and discounts throughout the city with Visit San Antonio’s Show Us Your Badge program.
- See all the reasons to plan a meeting in San Antonio here.
For more information on the 2021 Si San Antonio Meetings Incentive Promotion – including program terms and conditions, Visit San Antonio Sales Representative contacts or to submit an RFP – visit Meetings.VisitSanAntonio.com.
# # #
Visit San Antonio is a 501(c)6 that serves as the sales and marketing arm of San Antonio as a leading leisure and meetings destination. In 2019, San Antonio welcomed approximately 41 million visitors. Hospitality is one of the top five industries in the city, contributing $15.2 billion into the local economy annually and employing 140,000 in 2019. More information about Visit San Antonio and what San Antonio offers leisure and business travelers can be found at VisitSanAntonio.com.