The pub opened September 11, 1974.
Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub is a replica of the original Durty Nelly’s in Ireland, dating back to 1620, as part of the Bunratty Castle in Limerick, Clare Country. It’s been part of the landscape at Bunratty for almost 400 years, and today continues to be the “favourite ‘watering hole’ of both locals and visitors alike.”
The concept of the San Antonio location came from Bill Hunter, general manager of Hilton Palacio del Rio in the 1970’s. After visiting the bar in Ireland, he returned to the Alamo City to convince Bartell Zachry (previous CEO of Zachry Construction Company and builder/owner of Hilton Palacio del Rio) to build an identical pub on a seldom used corner of the hotel. The pub is designed in the tradition of the European style with two fireplaces, slate floors and stone walls, and from the time its doors first opened to present day, this corner is a hot spot on the San Antonio River Walk.
LOGIN TO ACCOUNT
OR REGISTER ACCOUNT