Learn More About The Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center Expansion
With an exceptional location downtown on the renowned River Walk, the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center is within walking distance (via street level or the River Walk) of historical attractions, restaurants and shops and is close to 13,500 downtown hotel rooms.
- The convention center provides numerous options for conventions, trade shows, meetings, banquets, performances and more.
- More than 630,000 total square feet of meeting space, with 440,000 contiguous square feet of exhibit space.
- Three ballrooms, including a 40,000 square-foot grand ballroom and meeting space that can be configured to offer up to 67 breakout rooms.
- Outside, scenic plazas with native landscaping, the adjacent HemisFair Park and Plaza Mexico are inspiring venues for group events.
- The San Antonio River, which runs through the convention center, provides easy transportation by river taxis and enhances this unique setting.
- Inside, commissioned works of art celebrating San Antonio’s rich history are displayed, including designs woven into carpeting throughout the convention center.
Lonesome Dove Room
- The new Lonesome Dove Room, adjacent to the beautiful River Walk Grotto, offers a unique, themed venue, featuring fine Western art and décor, including digitally enhanced photography from the “Lonesome Dove” miniseries.
- Entertain inside or out, as retractable glass doors seamlessly transform the room into an al fresco river patio setting.
- Comfortably seat up to 300 guests at tables or host up to 500 for receptions; rich fabrics, creative lighting and plush furnishings lend to this room’s VIP status.
- Dedicated parking is available next to the convention center.
Lila Cockrell Theatre
- Located within the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, the Lila Cockrell Theatre is perfect for general assemblies, corporate presentations, performing arts events, concerts and more.
- Newly renovated, the 2,300-seat theatre offers three levels of luxurious and comfortable seating. Interior finishes are designed in rich colors and feature mosaic tile inlays and embedded light fixtures that incorporate the city’s quatrefoil logo shape.
- The theatre’s grand entryway features contemporary crystal chandeliers that can be programmed to change colors for dramatic effect, and the 113’ x 60’ stage is one of the largest in the city. On the walls is the stunning artwork series, “Confluence: Flowing Together,” by local artist and photographer Ansen Seale.
- In addition to the theatre, the building contains a 4,300 sq. ft. Mayor Cockrell Room that can accommodate 300 guests for receptions, or seats 200 for formal events. Capacity is enhanced by movable walls opening onto the Theatre River Patio.
- The 2,500 sq. ft. Juan O’Gorman Room accommodates groups up to 170.
- At river level, the spacious Green Room holds eight dressing rooms, a laundry and audio-visual support.
- Dedicated parking is available adjacent to the convention center.
- Beautiful outdoor patios enhance any meeting or reception. The Waterfall Patio (Upper Grotto area) is a beautiful, elevated outdoor patio at the foot of the River Walk waterfall, ideal for small outdoor gatherings and conveniently located outside the river level meeting rooms and the Lonesome Dove Room.
- The Theatre River Patio, a spacious outdoor patio on the beautiful lagoon section of the River Walk, is conveniently located directly under the Lila Cockrell Theatre meeting room. This area is also ideal for indoor/outdoor events.
- The center’s facility team offers options, flexibility and expertise. Dedicated event coordinators partner with planners to ensure a successful program. WiFi connectivity and a UPS Store business center also provide resources to facilitate your meeting needs.
- Guests will enjoy the world-class catering of the RK Group, specialists in every aspect of event planning with a full complement of in-house suppliers.
- When you hold an event at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, you’ll understand why the facility received the Association Meetings’ Inner Circle Award, the Texas Meetings+Events Readers’ Choice Award, recognition for "Superior Customer Service" by readers of Venues Today and was voted “Best Convention Center in the Industry” by Meetings South magazine.
- 1 of 6
- 2 of 6
- 3 of 6
- 4 of 6
- 5 of 6
- 6 of 6