Easy to get to, easy to get around
San Antonio’s central location makes it a convenient destination from both the East and West coasts, and a newly renovated international airport only 8 miles from downtown makes access even easier:
• By Air – There are more than 100 flights daily to San Antonio. For flight information, transit services and other information, visit the San Antonio International Airport website or call 210-207-3411. Stinson Municipal Airport six miles south of downtown is only minutes away from convention facilities and San Antonio attractions.
• By Car – San Antonio is centrally located in south-central Texas, only 1.5 hours from Austin, 3.5 hours from Houston and 4.5 hours from Dallas/Fort Worth.
And getting around is also a breeze once you’re here. A concentrated downtown offers convention facilities, venues, accommodations , and attractions within walking distance, while a diverse transit system of taxis, streetcars, shuttles, river cruisers and more can get your group anywhere you want to go.
Getting to and from the airport
• Taxi - The San Antonio International Airport is only about 8 miles from downtown San Antonio, or about a 15-minute taxi ride. Two to six people ride for the price of one. Large minivans are also available and can transport up to seven passengers downtown.
• Shuttle - Book an airport shuttle in advance to purchase tickets at the airport. Several hotels also offer complimentary shuttle service from and to the airport.
Getting around downtown
• Downtown travel is a breeze on open-air streetcars that are authentic reproductions of those that traveled the streets of San Antonio more than 50 years ago. Four streetcar routes stop at top attractions like the Alamo, Spanish Governor's Palace, La Villita and the King William Historic District. The downtown streetcar station at Convention Plaza provides convenient access for travelers.
• Rio San Antonio Cruises operates open-air river cruisers that tour the River Walk and can be rented for group transportation and dinners. Cruisers run continuously throughout the day, stopping at several locations. Ticket booths are located at Rivercenter Mall, across the river from the Hilton Palacio del Rio hotel, at the river level of the Aztec Theater, and on the new Museum Reach at the new Lock and Dam.
• Rio also offers river taxi service stopping at approximately 40 spots along the River Walk for a unique way to get from place to place. Drivers have tickets on board or you may purchase them at any ticket location.
• The Sightseer Special (Bus 7) runs daily among the city's favorite sites. Locations include Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, the Alamo, San Antonio Museum of Art, Japanese Tea Garden, Brackenridge Park, Trinity University, University of the Incarnate Word, Witte Museum, San Antonio Botanical Garden, River Walk Streetcar Station and San Antonio Zoo – and you can see them all for one price.
- 1 of 1